Clearly superior window films for clearly superior homes
Windows let in the light and offer beautiful views, but the sunlight they invite in can also cause hot spots and severe fading of your furnishings. 3M Sun Control Window Films are designed to reject solar heat and reduce fading. Best of all, our Prestige Series films can provide all of these benefits without changing the look of your home.
How 3M Sun Control Films Work
3M Sun Control Films are designed to reduce the amount of solar heat transmission through window glass by increasing the solar reflection (not necessarily visible reflection) and solar absorption through the glass.
Typical colored or dyed films work primarily through increased absorption. The color absorbs the solar energy at the glass, thus reducing the direct transmission into the room. These films are not as effective as reflective films for reducing heat. Reflective films are films that have been precision coated with metals. These metallized films are designed to increase the solar energy reflection of the glass. 3M reflective films range from moderate to excellent in solar performance (heat gain reduction).
All 3M Sun Control Films are made to be transparent and optically clear. The ultraviolet protection is built into the adhesive system to provide longevity to the film as well as provide UV protection for your home and office furnishings. Most 3M Window Films are protected with our abrasion resistant coating that provides long-term durability and maintained appearance.
- Energy Savings: Reduce cooling costs by up to 30%
- Fade Reduction: Block up to 99% of harmful UV rays to reduce fading of furnishings and carpet
- Sun Control: improve comfort and maintain temperature consistency from one room to another
- Glare Reduction: improve televisions and computer screen viewing
- Limited Lifetime Warranty: on the product and installation
- The ultimate in high technology, offering clear film technology with outstanding heat rejection to create the perfect film for your home
- Designed not to change the appearance of your home
- Clear to lightly tinted, allows up to 70% of the visible light through your windows
- Rejects up to 60% of the heat coming through your windows
- Reflectivity that’s actually lower than glass
See reviews and learn more more about the Prestige Series Window Films.
- Nano-ceramic technology combines excellent heat rejection with amazing clarity
- Allows up to 50% of the visible light through your windows
- Rejects up to 59% of the heat coming through your windows
- Moderately tinted, providing additional glare reduction with minimal change to the appearance of your home
See reviews and learn more about the Ceramic Series Window Films.
Night Vision Series
- Dual reflective technology provides daytime privacy while allowing easier viewing outside at night
- Allows up to 35% of the visible light through your windows
- Rejects up to 71% of the heat coming through your windows
- Additional tint provides excellent heat rejection and offers the best glare reduction
See reviews and learn more about Night Vision Window Films.
Discover How 3M Sun Control Window Films Can Improve Your Home
Contact Green Energy SE directly at 904-224-1900 or Home Depot Home Services at 1-800-HOME DEPOT. As the exclusive partner with Home Depot for 3M Window Films in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, Green Energy SE is here to serve you with in-home consultations and installations.
Green Energy SE is the exclusive parter to Home Depot Home Services for 3M Window Films in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia.
Find out about the innovative technology behind 3M Window Films, the industry leader in quality, and the excellent results experienced by a family living in their dream home.
Greg Biffle, NASCAR driver, talks about why he and his family use 3M Window Film.
Click here to view FAQs on Home Depot’s 3M Residential Window Films page. Here you will find more in-depth product and warranty information as well as a Cooling Savings Calculator.